College football betting nuggets is the term used to describe a series of bets placed on college football games. These bets are often made by individuals or bookmakers, and they can be either side bets or straight-up wagers.
College football betting is a popular pastime. Many people are looking for the best college football picks. The college football picks article will provide you with some insight into what could happen in the upcoming week’s games.
Syracuse Orange vs. Clemson Tigers (-14, 44.5), 7 p.m. ET on ESPN
- If Clemson fails to cover, it would be the second time the Tigers have started a season 0-5 ATS against FBS opponents since the FBS/FCS split in 1978. The second time was in 2008, when Dabo Swinney took over midway through the season after Tommy Bowden’s Tigers went 3-3.
- Clemson has never been favored by less than 13.5 points against Syracuse under Dabo Swinney. That happened at Swinney’s first meeting in 2013. Clemson won 49-14 and covered the spread.
- Clemson has gone six games without covering the spread, tying New Mexico for the second-longest current run in FBS.
- Syracuse has covered four games in a row, which is tied for the longest current run in the FBS (San Diego State).
On ESPN at 10:30 a.m. ET, the No. 9 California Golden Bears face the No. 9 Oregon Ducks (-13.5, 54).
Are the Titans overhyped in the NFL? Week 5 activity in the NFL: Notable bets Defending champion of the National Football League Bucs Favorites from the SB Everything you need to know about CFB season CFB: Georgia is currently the favorite to win the championship. Nets are favorites to win the NBA in 2023-22. NHL: Season’s best long-term bets
Chalk it up to ESPN.
- Oregon has failed to cover seven consecutive games as a favorite, tying Georgia Tech for the second-longest current skid in FBS. The only state with a longer streak is New Mexico (eight straight).
- Under Justin Wilcox, California is 13-4 ATS as a road underdog (since 2017). Over the past five seasons, only Eastern Michigan (14-4 ATS) has been better in those situations (min. 15 games).
- When the Bears play a ranked opponent, the under is 10-1 in games featuring California under Wilcox.
- Only Purdue has a longer such skid among FBS teams than Oregon, which has failed to cover five consecutive conference games (seven straight).
The No. 24 San Diego State Aztecs (-9, 41) will face the San José State Spartans at 10:30 a.m. ET.
- San Diego State has covered four games in a row, which is tied for the longest current run in the FBS (Syracuse).
- Under Brady Hoke (2009-10, 2023-21), San Diego State is 22-13-2 ATS, including 5-2 ATS in conference play since the start of last season.
- Brady Hoke has a lifetime ATS record of 33-22-2 as a seven-point favorite.
- San José State is 1-5 against the spread this season, with five consecutive defeats.
Noon ET on ABC, No. 3 UCF Knights vs. No. 3 Cincinnati Bearcats (-20.5, 57.5).
A daily sports betting news and information program (ESPN2, 6-7 p.m. ET) that seeks to better serve the millions of sports fans who engage in sports gambling by providing in-depth analysis. Take a look »
- Cincinnati has previously been favored by 17 points or more against an FBS opponent eight times. In those games, the Bearcats are 6-2 ATS.
- Gus Malzahn’s squad would be a 20-point underdog for the sixth time in his coaching tenure. Malzahn has a 1-3 ATS record in the last four meetings.
- UCF has covered five of its past six games against teams ranked in the top ten by the Associated Press.
No. 10 Michigan State Universityate Spartans vs. Indiana Hoosiers (-4.5, 48.5), Noon ET
- Indiana is 0-4 ATS this season against FBS opponents. The last time Indiana began a season with a 0-5 ATS record against FBS opponents was in 2008.
- Under Tom Allen, Indiana is 3-8-1 ATS as a home underdog (since 2017).
- This season, Michigan State is 3-0 ATS on the road. The Spartans will be favored for the first time under Melvin Tucker in a road game (since 2023). Prior to Tucker, Michigan State was 23-13 ATS as a road favorite under Mark Dantonio (2007-19). The Spartans have won four consecutive games as a road favorite entering Saturday.
No. 12 Oklahoma State Cowboys (-5.5, 60) take on No. 25 Texas Longhorns at Noon ET.
- Over the past five seasons, Oklahoma State is 14-6 ATS versus ranked opponents, the highest cover percentage in FBS (min. 15 games).
- As an underdog, Oklahoma State has covered 12 of its past 15 games.
- Following a defeat, Texas is 4-1 ATS in its past five games.
- Texas is 4-1 as a favorite under Steve Sarkisian (all this season).
Noon ET: Auburn Tigers vs. Arkansas Razorbacks (-3.5, 53).
- Arkansas’ nine-game underdog run against SEC opponents, the third-longest current streak in the league, would come to an end with this win (Vanderbilt, South Carolina).
- Arkansas has only been favored over Auburn six times in 30 prior games since the FBS/FCS split in 1978. The last time this happened was on Oct. 24, 2015, when the Razorbacks beat the Tigers 54-46 as 6.5-point underdogs.
- This season, Arkansas is 5-1 against the spread. The Razorbacks are aiming to start 6-1 ATS for the second consecutive season despite never doing so since the FBS/FCS split in 1978.
- In the previous five encounters, Auburn has won four of them.
- Since 2023, Auburn has gone 1-6 ATS as an underdog.
- Since the start of last season, the under has gone 10-2 in Auburn conference games.
- In Auburn’s past eight road games, the total has gone under, the longest current run in FBS.
On ESPN at Noon ET, the No. 20 Florida Gators (-10.5, 59) take on the LSU Tigers.
- Florida is favored by double digits in this matchup for the second time in a row. That hasn’t occurred since 2000-01, when Steve Spurrier was the Gators’ head coach and Nick Saban led LSU.
- Since the start of last season, Florida has gone 1-5 ATS on the road, including five consecutive ATS road defeats. In every matchup, the Gators were favorites.
- Under Ed Orgeron, LSU has 17-10-1 ATS versus ranked opponents, including 8-4 ATS as a favorite.
No. 21 Texas A&M Aggies at. Missouri Tigers (-8.5, 60.5), Noon ET
- Only Notre Dame (33-0) has a better record in that scenario than the Aggies, who are 25-0 when they are favored by more than seven points in the past five seasons. Last week, Alabama was 52-0 in that circumstances in the FBS until losing to the Aggies as an 18.5-point favorite.
- Missouri is 0-6 against the spread this season. New Mexico is the only other team with six ATS losses without a victory.
- Since last season, the Tigers have failed to cover nine consecutive games, the longest current skid in FBS.
- Under Jimbo Fisher (since 2018), Texas A&M is 9-4 ATS on the road, including 6-0 ATS as a road favorite. Over that time, the Aggies have six ATS victories without a defeat as a road favorite, which is the most in FBS.
3:30 p.m. ET, No. 11 Kentucky Wildcats vs. No. 1 Georgia Bulldogs (-23.5, 44.5).
- Since No. 1 Alabama was a 24-point favorite over No. 15 Florida in the 2016 SEC Championship, this would be the biggest spread in an AP top-15 game. Since the FBS/FCS split in 1978, it would be tied for the fifth-largest spread in an AP top-15 game.
- Since the 1978 FBS/FCS split, favorites of 21 or more points have gone 10-3 ATS in AP top-15 matches.
- Georgia is 5-1 ATS this season, tied for the highest cover percentage in the SEC alongside Arkansas and Kentucky.
- Over the past three seasons, the under has gone 12-3 in Kentucky away games.
3:30 p.m. ET on ABC, Purdue Boilermakers vs. Iowa Hawkeyes (-11.5, 43).
- Purdue has dropped 44 consecutive games as a double-digit road underdog.
- Purdue has won four consecutive games versus Iowa.
- Purdue has a 15-6 ATS record as an underdog under Jeff Brohm (since 2017), which is the second-best in the FBS (min. 20 games).
PG with the highest cover margin (this season)
- Under Brohm, Purdue is 6-1 ATS as a double-digit underdog. Brohm’s Boilermakers are also 6-2 ATS as road underdogs. In those games, the under is 7-1.
- This season, all five Purdue games have gone under the total.
- This season, Iowa is 5-1 against the spread. The Hawkeyes are one of five teams in the country with a double-digit per-game cover margin.
3:30 ET on ESPN, No. 19 BYU Cougars vs. Baylor Bears (-6, 50.5).
- This will be the 116th time that an unranked Baylor squad has faced a ranked opponent since the FBS/FCS split in 1978. The Bears have only been favored three times in the past 115 games, and never by more than four points; in each of those three games, they have covered.
- Under Kalani Sitake, BYU is 10-3 ATS as a road underdog (since 2016). Regardless of location, the Cougars have covered 11 of their past 15 games as underdogs.
- This season, the under has gone 5-1 in BYU games.
The Alabama Crimson Tide (-17, 57.5) will face the Mississippi State Bulldogs at 7 p.m. ET on ESPN.
- Following an outright defeat (within the same season), Alabama is 6-12 ATS, including 1-6 ATS when favored by 14 points or more. In those games, the under is 13-4. (excludes game in 2012 vs Western Carolina that is missing data).
- In the past five seasons, AP top-5 teams have gone 5-1 ATS after an outright defeat, including a 2-0 ATS record for Alabama (within the same season). In those games, the under is 5-1.
- Mike Leach has a lifetime record of 21-9 ATS as a 14-point underdog (2-1 ATS with Mississippi State).
TCU Horned Frogs (-13.5, 65) against No. 4 Oklahoma Sooners (7:30 ET on ABC).
|Kyle Whittingham is a writer and a musician.||12-3-0||.800|
|Matt Campbell is a writer who lives in the United||14-4-0||.778|
|Trent Miles is a writer who lives in the United States||17-6-0||.739|
- Under Lincoln Riley, Oklahoma is 15-24 ATS as a double-digit favorite (since 2017), including 4-11 ATS in its past 15 such games.
- Under Riley, Oklahoma is 4-1 ATS versus TCU.
- TCU has covered 11 of its past 15 games against teams ranked in the top ten by the Associated Press.
7:30 p.m. ET, No. 13 Ole Miss Rebels (-3, 82) at Tennessee Volunteers
- When the line is between -3 and +3, Ole Miss has failed to cover seven consecutive games.
- Ole Miss has now lost four consecutive conference games.
- Josh Heupel has a career record of 1-4 versus rated opponents.
- Josh Heupel’s squad would be a home underdog for the third time in his head coaching tenure. Last season, UCF fell 36-33 to Cincinnati, while Tennessee lost 41-34 to Pittsburgh this season.
- Since 2010, AP top-15 teams favored by three or fewer points have gone 29-12 ATS versus unranked opponents, including 23-8 ATS on the road.
- When the total is 80 or above, the under is 10-4 in the past five seasons.
- Over the past 20 seasons, 82 points has been the greatest total for a game between SEC opponents (or any game involving an SEC club).
7:30 p.m. ET, No. 22 NC State Wolfpack (-3, 52) at Boston College Eagles
Bet, co-hosted by Joe Fortenbaugh and Tyler Fulghum, is accessible on the ESPN App and ESPN’s social media channels on YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter for live and on-demand watching. Watch
- Boston College is 4-1 ATS this season, tied for second in the ACC with Pittsburgh in terms of cover percentage.
- Under Jeff Hafley, Boston College is 6-2 ATS at home (since 2023).
- Boston College has dropped 21 consecutive games against ranked opponents, the longest current run in the Atlantic Coast Conference. Maryland is the second longest state (eight straight).
On ESPN, the No. 18 Arizona State Sun Devils (Even, 51) face the Utah Utes at 10 p.m.
- Utah is 1-4 against the spread this season, equal for the Pac-12’s lowest cover percentage (Colorado, Oregon, Washington).
- Under Herm Edwards, Arizona State is 2-7 ATS when ranked (since 2018).
- Since last season, Arizona State has won four of their past five away games.
- In October, Utah has covered eight consecutive games, the longest current run in FBS.
The espn nfl odds is a website that provides up to date information for college football betting.